Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Fuck It Indeed Again (fini)

She started the engine and drove to her clinic. It was easier to show up in their lobby and beg for a new prescription than it was to call them on the phone.

Of course, Diane, the better receptionist, was out for the day. Instead Frida made her stand at the desk for a full fifteen minutes before she finally took a break from answering the phones and sipping her latte to give Sharon a raised eyebrow.

"Are you a new patient?"

"Frida, it's me. Sharon Barren. I was just here this morning."

"Uh huh," Frida yawned. "Dr. Knowall will see you in a few minutes. He's just running a little late."

"I don't have an appointment," Sharon pointed out. "I just need a new ovidrel prescription. My trigger shot didn't come in my meds box."

"Sorry, but we can't write prescriptions today. The computers are down."

"I just need you to phone it into the pharmacy," Sharon said, staring at Frida's computer screen which was clearly functional and showing a gossip website with a picture of a half-dressed Brad Pitt at the top of the screen.

Frida sighed loudly. "I'll get on it."

A few minutes later, she came out of the back offices with a slip of paper that she shoved across the counter.

Sharon left without thanking her and filled the prescription downstairs. There was still time to return to her office, but Sharon said fuck it and went home to read trashy chicklit books and surf her favourite infertility blogs.

The End
  • Want to leave me a comment about your adventure and then take Sharon Barren on a new adventure? Click here.
  • Want to go read something else? Why? Didn't you like this post? Don't you think it's funny? Fine...go read something else. But you could still click here to return to the starting post and leave me a comment...

No comments: